The School of Business at Spalding University is seeking a candidate academically qualified to teach accounting and related business courses for a tenure-track assistant professor or lecturer to begin fall 2016 (with the possibility of an early 2016 start date). Successful candidates are passionate about teaching and student engagement; eager to contribute his/her interests and ideas for new and innovative courses and programs; and have the interest and ability to engage in scholarly activities. Primary responsibilities include:
1. Teaching undergraduate and possibly graduate courses with credentials to teach in areas such as accounting and related business courses. Teaching responsibilities can be a combination of face- to-face and online courses.
2. Advising undergraduate students.
3. Active engagement in professional development activities.
4. Active engagement in School of Business recruiting and retention initiatives – both in the external community and internal community.
5. Serving on School and University committees.
6. Participating in faculty meetings, creative/scholarly activity, graduation ceremonies, and service appropriate to the university faculty member.
Ph.D., DBA in Accounting preferred. A Ph.D. or DBA in a related business discipline with 18 hours at the graduate level in accounting will also be considered. A Master’s degree in Accounting may be considered for the lecturer position. CPA or CMA and previous teaching experience is also preferred.
Interested candidates should send curriculum vitae, copies of transcripts, teaching portfolio and contact information for three professional references to:
Dr. Michelle Reiss
Chair, School of Business Spalding University
851 South Fourth Street Louisville, Kentucky 40203
ABOUT THE SCHOOL OF BUSINESS:
The School of Business offers Bachelor’s degrees in Accounting and Business Administration (concentrations in Business Management, Marketing and Human Resource Management). The School also offers the Master in Business Communication. Courses are taught to both traditional and adult students in our innovative 6-week session model. For more information please visit